Sunday, August 31, 1997

Original Introduction August '97

I realise that for any reader of these notes, they cannot realistically be called anything else, the style may seem somewhat rambling and at times possibly nigh on impossible to follow. I make no apology for this as this essay started out as a stream of thoughts over a period of time, that one day I decided to record for my own posterity, a Thought Diary if you like. It was and is fundamentally for my personal pleasure, something to look back on and provide an insight into what I was thinking when I am old and reactionary! My original intention to leave the themes in their ‘Thought order’ appears to have been rather over-ambitious in terms of readability, and I have therefore done a little constructive re-arranging to the ideas within a rough framework. I hope any reader will indulge me in the formation of the topics and not be distracted by the fashion I have chosen to link them together. I have thought hard about the ideas and wrote them whilst they came to me, when they no longer did so, I stopped as I see no reason to try to extend for the sake of protocol.

The purpose of this essay, ideally, is to express my views of the problems facing the world and those of us who live in it. I have limited solutions, but believe if enough people are made aware of the difficulties, the sheer weight of thought power and communication will enable somebody at some stage to come up with some answers. It would be a shame and a tragedy for all of us if there was potential that was never realised simply because people have been hoodwinked into believing that everything is as it should be.

My choice of title comes from the fact that in this essay’s infancy I was unemployed looking desperately for a job somewhere, anywhere, in the field of journalism. I was unsuccessful and resorted to having to solicit my language skills for a computer company. Whilst unemployed I had a little time on my hands and the concept of this essay was born, as well as the time to nature it in the beginning. Let me say that in these thoughts expressed there will be no sacred cows left, no taboos- I wish to be uncompromising and I will attack things that I see as wrong that need to be corrected, I make no apologies for my actions to this end. I believe these taboo subjects are often made so because they have been deliberately implemented to preclude debate and lead to the sort of hushed decision-making in Star Chambers that we presently see across much of the Western World, it is neither a democratic nor a constructive process. I do not intend to criticise out of prejudice, at least, it is not done consciously and I trust it will be looked upon accordingly if I have erred. I am not writing for any particular cause or purpose and because of this I would welcome criticism and debate as to the content of my ideas.

On a broader scale this is the only way that we will be able to tackle all the demons and thrash out a mutually beneficial solution for all of us Left, Right, Centre or Without. I do not believe that such a solution exists at the moment, nor perhaps ever will, and I would maintain that no one ideology encompasses the good sides without also bringing an equilibrium of evils. I do feel, however that some ideas may be closer to where we should be researching than others that should have been long since consigned to the dustbin of out-dated politics, I cannot imagine that my preferences will be mistaken but that is my business.

Thank you for taking the time to read this book, or at least thus far, my hope is that it will make you think, and through this give you enjoyment, as indeed it did for me throughout its conception.

No comments: